Friday, February 11, 2011

31 Days and Counting

I absolutely LOVE it when people come to visit it. It seems like the days just whip by in some crazy blur, I have an excuse to cook great meals and make fancy desserts.
This week we had a Focus dude from Utah stay with us. I guess Ryan's boss. He's stayed with us before so he knew what to expect as far as our family. So in preparation I thought I should warm the kids up to the idea since they can tend to become silent in the first few hours of a visitor if caught off guard so at dinner a week before he was to arrive I tell the kids "Don is coming to stay with us next week!"
"Is he the one with the cool kids games on his computer?" Brayden asks. We've had a quite a few Focus people out this past year so I guess he needed to clarify. Ryan confirms that yes, that's the right guy and the kids become so pumped to have him come.
Don arrives and our week begins. The kids love it, silent for maybe 2 minutes until he whips out his iPad and starts reading kids books with them. We eat our meals, the boys sleep when they can sleep and work when they aren't (or talk about work). Don even gets to ride my scooter around the neighborhood. He loves it. He takes it to the mall about 15 minutes away with Ryan on his bike. Later that night they take the bikes to work instead of using the gas guzzling beast I drive. He crashes the scooter :( Thankfully it wasn't a huge crash, I guess the bike just skidded down the road and nothing but a curb was involved but Don has an ankle that is the size of a softball and the colour of plums. The purple extends down to his toes and he can barely walk on it. The scooter just needs some paint touch ups in a few areas which will give Ryan a little project so no real harm done on our side.
As far as the Beattie's go I think his trip was a success. We got all our questions answered and our issues dealt with. Hopefully it was just as successful 'in' the office as it was for us. He gave us lots to think about as far as Ryan and our near future, things I'd love to blog about once we've digested everything.
Don leaves today back home to his own family and we are left with our 'normal' routine once again. Thankfully we don't have to wait too long until we are graced with guests again! In a months time (31 DAYS!!) we have friends coming out with their son and a few days after they leave Grandma Beattie is coming out with Ryan's aunt for almost 3 weeks! Plus these guests start arriving the week summer holidays start for the kids (summer here is mid march-june) so it's absolutely perfect timing! I won't have to think of creative ways to entertain my kids all summer long because I'll have all these extra people to help :D The end of summer sounds like it might be just as busy as it's start but I'll save that for another time. Thankfully though, these next few months are just going to fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment