Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are

Trap PrepWith a month until Christmas the kids are already getting excited. Madison has been asking when Santa is going to come since the first snow fall and has been questioning me relentlessly on how Santa will get through our fireplace with the glass closing it off. It seems that my continuous answer of "magic" isn't cutting it and I don't know how I'm going to survive the next month of daily interrogations. 'Tis the season I suppose and the excitement is contagious so I'll just have to brainstorm or use pinterest to come up with some genius explanation thought up by someone else. Once Christmas is over the questioning will stop and I'll have 11 months until they start up again.
Even though Santa doesn't come up in our conversations all year round, Sammy, our Elf on the Shelf, has. They've wondered out loud what Sammy was up to and when he would return. Tonight for our activity we decided to set a trap for Sammy. The kids thought that candy canes would get him here and then we made our trap! Our sneaky mischievous elf won't know what happened when he grabs hold of that candy cane, muahaha.

Sammy Trap

No comments:

Post a Comment