Sunday, November 3, 2013

Snowed In

SnowSaturday the snow started to fall. No big deal, it's November and so I expected it, except it doesn't stop. I have nothing against snow but it gets to a point where enough is enough. The ground is covered, everything looks white and the kids can get on all their snow gear and go out and have a fantastic time flopping around and trying to make snowmen. The dog loves it. He's running around like he's borderline crazy and I've never seen this much energy out of him. Maybe he's just super hot all the time and now he's finally cool enough that running around doesn't over heat him. I'm sure that's part of the problem, he's kind of a beast of a dog.
Anyway, I went out before I went to bed and shoved a big glue stick in the snow and snapped a quick pic so I could share how much snow we got in 12 hours and went to bed. When I woke up I went and checked on my glue stick and found that even though the snow was no longer falling it must have kept it up for a little bit after I went to bed. We got ready for church and Madison practiced her memorized scripture she was to share in Primary and off we went. We made it maybe 150m down the driveway until "BAM" we weren't moving anymore. Hmmm, with everything so perfectly white we couldn't see any dimensions at all and totally missed a massive drive blocking the driveway and was now mushed against the van up to our hood. Ryan starts digging and the neighbour comes out to help rescue us. Finally he pulls us out and we back out of the way so he can go to work with his plow. Have I mentioned we seriously have the best neighbours ever? Well shoot. Now he's totally stuck and crawling out the passenger door because the snow is too deep on the drivers side. The kids and I head inside to wait by the fire while Ry gets his truck and chain and goes to help the neighbour. It's not too long before Ryan's truck is stuck as well. I take off my jacket because it looks like we might be a while.
After quite a bit of digging and joint effort between Ryan, our awesome neighbour and their son Ryan gets out his big work rig and uses the weight of that truck to slowly yank everyone out and our neighbour gets back to work plowing the driveway. At this point we are more then an hour late for church and I'm seriously considering we not even go but Madison starts to get really upset. "If we don't go to church and I can't give my talk and I won't get my treat!"
Why do I bribe my children? So off to church we go, an hour and a half late so Madison can give her memorized scripture and get her treat. Have I told you I sure love her?

Snowed In

No comments:

Post a Comment