Monday, October 28, 2013

Pre Halloween Snow

First SnowIt seems that there usually needs to be one good snow dump before Halloween. It always looks so beautiful afterwards, everything so white and untouched. It almost tricks me into thinking I enjoy winter. The kids get so excited and so I go and pull out all their winter gear for them and they suit up cheerfully. Each and every time I see my kids all bundled up I think of the Robert Munsch book "I Have To Go" so I ask them if anyone needs to pee before they go outside. They dash outside and dive right in immediately wrecking that untouched beauty but making up for it with their giggles.
Madison is the first one inside. I'm not sure if she takes after me and is seriously unimpressed with anything cold or she's just Filipina and doesn't have thick enough skin yet but after that first brief play in the snow I'm sure she's done for the season.
Brayden and Sydney are out there forever loving it. I remember when winter was fun and the cold didn't effect me. When did I loose that? How do I get it back? But if I got that back, who would stay nice and toasty warm inside with Madison?

No comments:

Post a Comment