Wednesday, October 16, 2013

He Keeps Getting Older!

Birthday GearI am so ready to pause life right now. I love this stage. Why do they have to get older?
Brayden turned 9 today. He doesn't look any different, it's just another day older but last night I tucked in my eight year old and today I'm looking at my nine year old. *sigh*
Auntie Kait and Uncle Matthew came over and we did a joint cake since Matthew had just celebrated his birthday a week ago and we missed it. Brayd picked his meal and I slaved on his cake all day. Well not really, his request was a simple one *insert humble brag here* just a two tiered chocolate cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles. No big deal. We put special home made lactose free chocolate icing for my sister which tasted like it had lactose in it, lots of delicious lactose.
His family evening was a success. He got some great stuff, felt special and had fun. What more can you ask for?
Happy birthday to my one and only boy. I love you for so many reasons but just to name a few:
*You are so forgiving. When we get upset with you and maybe over react you are always so eager to forgive and forget.
*You are so kind and patient to kids of all ages. It doesn't matter who we have over, you play with their children and make them feel welcomed!
*You're turning into a great worker when you go out with dad.
*Your freckles. I just love those freckles.
You're pretty awesome Brayd and I'm sure proud of who you're becoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment