Monday, September 13, 2010

I Heart Curlers

When my sister and I were younger my mom would put curlers in our hair over night and I would love waking up in the morning and being able to take them out and enjoy my curly hair. I was just as excited to have Sydney share this experience. She was so excited and sat so still as I put the curlers in her hair. No complaints as she laid down in bed with these things on her head and when she woke up in the morning she was anxious to get a look at her curly hair.
I thought it looked so cute. She asked me "mom, is it going to stay like this until I get married?" and I assured her that it would be straight again as soon as it got wet. She looked at me thoughtfully for a moment and then said "can we go swimming this afternoon?"
I guess she didn't think it was as cute I did and thankfully for her the pool is 1 block away in the sub division. It was defiantly straight by dinner.

2 comments:

  1. My mom did the very same thing to me when I was little and I thought the very same thing as Sydney, only we didnt have a pool. I'm with you Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley Temple look-a-like. I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete