Friday, September 17, 2010

10.10.10 Run

Well on October 10, 2010 I have decided to participate in a charity run for breast cancer. It is my first run since high school track and field so I might be in over my head but I'm kind of excited about it. I thought that I would post about it so that I feel like you can all hold me accountable and ask how it went so I really go through with it. I'm only doing 5km since I have only ever run 7km before and don't think I could quite survive the 10km yet but maybe next time.
Today I ran a personal best for 5km so here's hoping in the next 3 weeks I can trim down a few more minutes. Thankfully the run is at 6am so we don't have to be running around the city in the blasted heat of the day with the sun burning my face off (seriously that's how hot it gets running when the sun is high in the sky.
Bobbi Jarman said she would run with me which is great because she's way better then I am and trying to keep up with her is going to keep me pushing myself so wish us luck :D

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna do awwwesome. Run your lulu's off!!

    ReplyDelete