Friday, September 17, 2010

First Loose Tooth

I can't believe that I have a kid old enough to have a loose tooth! Brayden's finger has been in his mouth playing around with his first loose tooth for the past two days. He is so desperate to have it fall out so he can get his greedy little fingers on the money the tooth fairy promises to leave in exchange.
It was quite the traumatic event actually, discovering that it was loose. He was biting down on something hard and it flew out of the mouth from the pressure of his teeth. At the same time his tooth loosened more then it was already and he thought it was his tooth that flew out of his mouth! He was bleeding a little bit from the amount that his little tooth ripped out which only added to his fear. He was trying to feel his tooth with his tongue but it was loose enough to be pushed forward more then his other teeth which reconfirmed in his mind his tooth flew out of his mouth. He didn't know what to do and came running to find me with a bloody mouth telling me he broke his tooth off. I didn't know what to think or what trouble he was getting himself into. I gave him a kleenex to wipe his blood and asked him to calm down and tell me what was going on. He said that he was biting on one of dad's bullets (to his air soft gun) and it was too hard so his tooth broke off. I asked which tooth and he said the front one. I was confused since I could see it there so I took a look and wiggled it and then his fear went immediately to excitement. He wanted me on the phone texting all my friends to tell them, he even let one of his classmates wiggle his tooth (gross, I know). When we go swimming after school he stops mid swim to make sure his tooth is still there.
I can't remember how long these teeth take to fall out but my guess is the poor guy is going to be waiting a while. We shall see. For now he's just wiggling it as much as he can remember too. He even attempted to eat an apple for breakfast to get it out but 2 bites in he decided it was a bad idea and it mostly just hurt.
So exciting!
Brayden's Loose Tooth

2 comments:

  1. Better than money...Cool Tooth Fairy keepsake:
    http://www.iCaughtTheToothFairy.com

    Free with code ($10 value): Fairy-Proof

    :)

    ReplyDelete