Monday, March 3, 2008

Now I Need Some Chaps to go With That Bike

Yesterday I decided to try to drive Ryan's motorbike again. I have had a lesson or two before but haven't tried since we left for our visit to Canada in October. I've really been feeling that it would save us a lot of money if I could drive the bike around when I'm doing small errands or visiting people so I think it's time I really learn.
Ryan got me to drive around our subdivision for a while, practicing stopping and turing until he felt comfortable enough behind me and then we went out onto the open road.... well sort off. Once you get out the gates of the subdivision there is long road leading to the major roads. This road is lined with little shops, jeepneys, tricikads, motorbikes and cars. We were going out to get some charcoal for our BBQ and it was only a little ways up the street so I wouldn't have to do passing or intersections.
As I'm sure you can assume since I'm writing this that everything went well. Ryan was sitting behind me the entire time and that helped me feel more confident but it was great! I even summed up enough courage to pass someone. I'll be driving the main streets of Bacolod in no time.... well MAYBE the side streets.

2 comments:

  1. excellent! i think i'd have a hard time driving a bike in the philippines! good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I was thinking just the opposite. Since you blogged about it something MUST have gone wrong lol. Good to hear you made it safe and sound. Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete