Saturday, July 19, 2014

Not Just Your Ordinary Saturday

So how many things can you fit into a second full day of Beattie fun? Loads. It's not like the previous posts are enough to keep us busy, we're talking about keeping 17 grandchildren busy all day long so they keep out of mischief. Uncle Dustin was kept busy giving rides in his Ranger, the kids couldn't get enough of it. The young boys (and Ryan) rode dirt bikes and Aunt Leslie taught the girls about wild flowers!
Maddy StyleFlower Power
Ryan's sister hosted a dance party and handed out streamers so that we could dance in style! It took a little motivation for people to get into it so Leslie and I did a good job of rocking out!
Her MovesHahaha
Apparently I really enjoyed Leslie's moves and felt a little threatened by her awesomeness so I took to jumping off the trailer in an attempt to one up her:
JUMP JUMP
Lesson learned, she is a way better dancer then I. It was a blast and I'm not 100% on this but I'm thinking that maybe Leslie and I had more fun then the kids.
The StageThe Girls

LegsSo how do you know that your day has been a success? Dirt and bruises is a pretty good indication. I remember my chins being covered in bruises all summer long as a child and it's reassuring in a strange way to see them on Sydney. You have to be running around, climbing, falling and playing outside to earn bruise and dirt marks like that.
In summary our Saturday was jam packed with fun and variety. I have no idea how the kids were even standing at the end of the day. They had such a great time running around with their cousins and doing things we can't do on an average day. Feeling super grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment