Monday, March 24, 2014

My Masterpiece

OctopusI think it was about 2 months ago when both Brayden and Sydney started coming home from school with these bracelets made from colourful elastic bands. I asked about it and they just shrugged and told me it was Rainbow Loom and that their friends made them for them at school. Sydney even went on to explain that she had joined a Rainbow Loom club at school that met every Monday at lunch and they made different styles of elastics. Madison had got one of these looms for her birthday a few weeks ago and since then I have been finding these little elastics everywhere on my floor. Everywhere. Today I decided that Madison and I were going to sit down and actually make something cool so we watched a few YouTube videos before settling on an octopus. Holy crap, it was tough and I'm pretty sure I used all the patience I had to finish it with the amount of times I had to start something over. So 2 hours later I had this cute pink octopus competed for Madison and she liked it a lot ... for maybe 2 hours then it was forgotten. Hmmm. Brayden and Sydney both seemed impressed by it when they got home from school so that helped boost up my self esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment