Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas!

This year for Christmas each set of grandparents had a full day. That way we weren't rushing around and trying to fit everyone in when others would be there and for this year it worked. Christmas Eve we spent at Ryan's folks place with everyone. We played games, the kids ran around with all their cousins like crazy people and loved it. We had a potluck dinner with an international theme so Ryan and I made some sushi rolls to share with everyone and they were supper yummy, success.
Christmas day we spent at my dad and Peggy's. Kait & Matthew were there and all Peggys' boys came as well. It was so relaxing and I think the first Christmas we've had in Canada where we weren't trying to be at more then one place at once. The kids got to open their presents and then actually have time to play with them! It was awesome. Dinner was amazing as it always is at dads and it was nice to have everyone there.
CanucksNew Books
Teaching GrandpaNerf
That night Madison started to act off and felt a little warm but I had assumed it was because of all the excitement. I was wrong. It was because she had the flu and was up puking all night. The really sucky thing was that she puked all over her PJ's and I had only brought one pair. I had to change her into clothes and then she puked all over those as well. I was running out of options and she was not impressed at the thought of sleeping in jeans. Maybe next time she'll try a little harder to get everything into the toilet and not all down her person. Blah.
Boxing Day morning we were off to my mom and Brians house. Madison only puked once that day ... at the 7-11 in the parking lot on the way to my moms house. GROSS. Moms house was great and of course we consumed loads of good food, my family sure can cook! There was SO much food and my family relies on Ryan to finish a lot of it up with his 3rd and 4th helpings but today he was no help at all... why you ask? He spent the afternoon puking out whatever flu it was that Madison had the night before. While Ryan napped the boys went to the school gym and flew remote control helicopters they got for Christmas (Brayden and Brian) and us girls played with our new toys.
This year was so relaxing, I loved spending so much time at each place and being able to let the kids not only open up gifts, but let them play with them and enjoy them before scooping everything up and moving onto the next house. Spending so much time with family was way better, it was a good Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment