Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Rain Has Stopped

Movie TimeThis morning my dad drove up from Lethbridge to come visit and take us all out on a 3D movie date to the movie Epic. It has been raining up in Calgary for 4 days straight and so we were all ready to get out of the house to do something really fun. The kids were so excited that they had a really challenging time keeping it together just on the drive to the theatre, I was getting nervous that maybe they wouldn't be able to handle sitting for 2 hours. Thankfully once we were all sitting down in our chairs the kids seemed to calm a bit. It may have been that they had Grandpa and Auntie Kait to talk to that helped, I find that when they are talking to people other then Ryan and I they always seem to be fine.
Once the movie started they just sat there with their big eyes glued to the screen eating their movie treats. Madison even lasted up until the last 20 minutes when she snuggled into dads lap when it got a little climatic.
Epic was a great show. My kids loved it, my dad loved and I loved it. It had Ryan and I laughing out loud a few times and even though I seem to be easily entertained, Ryan seemed to enjoy it as well.

rhubarbAs I mentioned before, it has been really raining lately and so this afternoon we were pretty happy to be outside. Our rhubarb plant seemed to have gone crazy in the last few days and so I chopped a bunch for a yummy crisp. It's been about the 2nd or 3rd good crop we've cut this spring and I'm wondering how many crisps and pies I'm going to have to make this summer to keep up with it. I'm really going to have to venture out of my comfort zone and try a few new recipes.
While I was busy cutting the rhubarb Ryan was busy teaching Brayden how to mow straight lines into the grass and Brayden loved it. Sydney was pretty jealous but sometimes, even though she is the harder worker and braver of the two, she just isn't quite big enough yet.
With the grass getting cut the gophers seemed to be out in full force exploring the grass cuttings and trying to stock up after the rains kept them in their holes all week. We seized the opportunity and set our 2 snares and within 20 minutes both snares had done their job. Banks wasn't too sure what to think about them and when he went to sniff out the situation the one squeaked so loud it made us all jump. The dog settled on just barking at them for a while. We'll have to make a hunter out of him yet.

MowingSpoils

No comments:

Post a Comment