Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm a Hunter

We have a lot of happy gophers on our property. They like to stand there looking at you through the window with their big guts hanging out like they don't have a care in the world. Well, we decided we were going to fix that. Ryan went out and bought a pair of snares and yesterday morning while he was at work I saw one of those gophers taunting me with his high pitched squeak. It's almost as though he thought to himself "It's just a girl, what is she going to do?"
I set the snare right there in the hole he ran down when he saw me coming and then I waited. About 30 minutes later I can hear him squeaking and I look out the window only to see him a few feet away staring at me. I grab our second snare and go after him setting it up in that second hole he went down. Again I waited only to be completely frustrated at teh sight of him at a third hole. Well, we only have 2 snares so the bugger outsmarted me and I felt like a big sore loser. I left my snares and we played outside and I forgot about them until the next day when the kids were at school. I went out to check on my snares and guess what!!!? I got him, mua haha (devious laugh). The only problem was that he was very much alive, the snare only got his wrist. When I tried to pull him out of the hole he was fighting me and I was afraid I was going to rip his arm off so I did what any wife would do and got Ryan. Ryan did what any man would do and got his gun and put that poor thing out of his misery in the hole and then pulled him out when he couldn't fight back.
So what did I do today? I snared my first gopher and then we shot his guts out. I ain't a city gal no more (does that even make sense?)
My TrapReal Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment