Saturday, April 20, 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico!!

For our 10th wedding anniversary Ryan and I are celebrating by cruising! We had a budget, (thank you Focus!) and I let a travel agent do all the work. I have never, not once in all our travels, let a travel agent plan a trip for us. I have always done all the researching, finding the cheapest prices for hotels, flights and activities and it was so amazing to one day have all these reservation confirmations in my email inbox. Seriously, who knew it could be so easy. This travel agent did a great job. She played around with flights and hotels to book us on a classy cruise line, hooked us up with a couple extra days in Puerto Rico and made sure we had some $$ left over for some fun excursions.

Well I am so excited to say that our vacation has finally arrived! We arrived in San Juan, Puerto Rico at 12:30am, slept and venture out this morning to see what adventures would find us. Oh, I forgot to mention that we were shorts, it was hot and when we left Calgary it was snowing, what a great feeling.

We spent our morning walking around Old San Juan looking in some different shops, walking along the sea wall and enjoying the cloud cover. We found a couple little plaza's that were filled with people feeding pigeons (seriously hundreds of nasty pigeons) and playing majong.
My StudPirate
We had learned from our taxi driver earlier that all the trolleys in Old San Juan were free and they took you around to the old Forts and their Capital building. Since Ryan and I are big fans of anything free we knew we would have to check that out but decided to save it for after the cruise when we had a couple days to play around. Instead we walked along a different part of the old wall that used to surround the city and kept it safe from outsiders. We loved the colours in the streets, the humidity and warm wind that kept us cool and it made me miss the Philippines. I've never been a fan of winter.
Early in the afternoon we made our way back to the hotel to pick up our bags and embarked on the Celebrity Summit which will be taking us down to the Southern Caribbean for a week long, island hopping, food fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment