Sunday, September 28, 2008

This and That

LizardI know I haven't really been too good about keeping my website up to date lately but it just doesn't seem like we have too much going on worthy enough to talk about. BUT this week we had a couple of interesting things happen so instead of writing a post for every one I thought I'd just smash it together into one post and save myself some time and effort.
First thing, we had a pipe leak which started a couple months ago but got pretty bad lately. It started to get plugged so my laundry would never drain and just little annoying things like that. We deciced that it was time to stop procrastinating and get someone in to fix it. The downer to getting it fixed was that we had to shut our water off for the cement to cure so we filled our bathtub with water storage so we could manually flush the toilets, wash our faces, things like that. So with our bathtub filled we shut the water off and braved the next day. We had to take a picture of the bathtub so that you all can see the great water that we clean ourselves in, the water is seriously untouched, straight from the tab, no dirty kids have yet to touch it!!


Bath Anyone?

Ryan is really good about bringing me home flowers on a regular basis and this time he brought a flower we nicknamed "The Brain" because we thought it resembled what we think a brain looks like. It's a really pretty flower that we've never seen before but think is quite interesting.
The Brain FlowerThe Brain Flower

Our New HelmetI got a new helmet for the motorbike which I love! I really get frustrated when Ryan drives really fast and the dirt, wind and bugs are flying into my eyes and mouth so I finally found a small sized full faced helmet. I have a pretty tiny head so a bonus is that the helmet not only fits me but it somewhat fits on Braydens head as well which he just loves. It is his helmet when he's on the bike and once we drop him off it becomes mine. It's a pretty good trade off although it kind of looks super huge on Brayden!
The last and most important of our weekly events was Ryan's birthday on Sunday. Saturday after work Focus threw him a surprise party with lots of food, cards and cake. That evening I whipped up some Chicken Parmesan which I have to admit was one of the tastiest meals i've ever made ;) Sunday Ryan was asked to speak in church, which of course was great, and after church we had our Bishop and his family over for Sunday dinner. It was a pretty relaxing day but it was really nice to spend the time together with the family before Ryan gets into his Masters/Work crazy schedule.


Ryan's Birthday CardRyan's Birthday Cake

I'd like to end by putting a shout out to my dad who shares his birthday with Ryan!!

1 comment:

  1. MEGS!! I finally have high speed and can now read AND comment at my leisure - woo hoo. Those flowers are so neat, I love them. The water in the tub... not quite as appealing :S hehe. But makes you realize how much water you use for little things doesn't it? I feel that way with our cistern all the time.

    ReplyDelete