Sunday, November 4, 2007

Brrrrrr, so COLD!!!!

When we first arrived in Canada Brayden couldn't stop telling me that he was "freezin' cold!" As soon as we got off the plane and into the terminal it was like we had been hit with a big chill. I had dressed the kids in winter clothes but I don't think that we were prepared for how cold it actually was... the sad thing was that everyone kept saying how "nice" the weather was!
The first week that we had got home we took a trip out to Ryan's family's place and the kids made bird houses with their Aunt Jessica. My kids were outside looking for perches in their shirts, hoodies and winter jackets while their cousins were outside in JUST their hoodies!! It has been quite the adjustment for us to get used to the weather.

One of the best things about coming home was rediscovering all those winter clothes that have been hiding in boxes for the past year. I had forgot how "hot" some of my old clothes were... the sad thing was that when I put one these amazing pair of pants no one even noticed how great I looked!!! Makes me wonder how silly I must have looked most of time when I have to point out how crazy my pants are...


Another really great thing about being home is spending all that time with my family! It's been so difficult for me to be so far away and not be able to come home and visit. Also Brayden has been loving spending time with family. One day we were driving out to the farm to see Kaden, his cousin and Brayden told me that Kaden was his best friend and that he was excited to see him. Then while we were out there he told his other cousin Ben that he was "so happy to see him!" Then while we were driving back to my mom's house I told him that we were on our way to Nana's house and Brayden said "I'm so happy mom." It was really hard to make the decision to come home so much earlier then Ryan but after hearing how much Brayden seems to missing everyone too, it makes me feel like I had made the right choice to come home.

The first weekend that I spent in Lethbridge we celebrated Brian's (my step-dad) birthday along with an apple pie for my missed birthday!! Kait came down from Calgary and it was great...YUM. It seems that ever since we've been home we've been lucky enough to be celebrating birthdays! Making up for lost time I guess but last weekend we had yet another birthday party for Brayden with Ry's family which included angel food cake topped with whipped cream and delicious raspberries!!! Oh how i've missed you raspberries....

2 comments:

  1. I must say that sydney has one snotty nose...But still the cutiest little girl I ever saw. Looks cold!!!! I have to turn the A/C off just looking at that pic.

    PS> Nice brown shirt your wearing... the pants however... uhhh... well, its a nice shirt. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs... You and I have a style of our own, I appreciate those plaid pants probably more than anyone else... I remember when Mom pulled them out a couple weeks before you guys came and I said "Oh my goodness, Meghan is going to LOVE those! Keep them out." Yay for us being weeeeird.

    ReplyDelete