Friday, November 16, 2012

Rest and Play

HorseTractor
This morning I was so excited for Marytle to wake up. For 5 years we were on her turf exploring and soaking up her culture and I was pumped to finally be able to share this North American part of life with one of our closest Filipino friends. It's a side of me that our family over there never got to see but we desperately wanted to show. She started of her morning with her first ever pancake breakfast! No rice and egg this morning. The kids were all over and begging for her attention. Ryan had gone into Focus to visit and so we had a nice relaxing morning to ourselves. That afternoon we played outside in the snow, making snowmen, throwing a few snowballs, climbing hay bales and checking out the horses and cows. It was a day of many firsts for her and it made me so happy to watch her experience a few things I knew she'd never done before. It almost made me like snow ... almost. I still prefer white beaches to white snow and palm trees to pine trees (well in the winter months at least).
GirlsKitty

No comments:

Post a Comment