Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ry's Not The Only One With a New Bike!

His First RideHappy Boy
Since we moved back to Canada we've been trying to get a couple things that we kind of missed out on being in the Philippines for 5 years. A few examples being: our super amazing van, our new big TV with surround sound and of course most recently, Ryan's Harley. It's been nice to finally get some of these 'toys' after dreaming about them for so long but I think one of the coolest things we got were these two little pocket bikes for the kids. They are awesome! No bigger then their bikes now, no heavier and just fast enough to make me worry (up to 50 km/hour). Brayden is in heaven! He loves that he can ride his very own motorbike just like dad but he does kind of think it sucks that he can't drive it anywhere but the farm or the mountains. I think he was hoping he'd be able to drive it to school or to the park ... UM, my worst nightmare. Watching him drive around the farm with a big smile on my face is hard enough. Thankfully he can't see my toes curling up in my shoes and my fingers nervously clenched into fists as he rips around on that thing while I'm giving him encouragement and whooping and hollering with enthusiasm. Just a little bit of mixed emotions going on for me, that nervous excitement. *sigh* I suppose that's parenting.
Now if we could only get Sydney going on a two wheeler so she can join him!

No comments:

Post a Comment