Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Jeepney Ladies

So around Bacolod there are many many different displays of jeepney artwork; different colours, designs and themes. We thought that it would be interesting to show you some or the different styles of jeepneys so you can all experience the greatness of them from wherever you are in the world. Since there are so many great jeeps we'd love to share I'll have to break it up into a couple of different posts according to theme. I thought I'd start by sharing some of my favorites... the ladies!! Although I have most of them my collection is missing a few... Catherine Zeta Jones, Angelina, Julia Roberts and Shakira. My goal is to acquire a picture of each of the ladies!
P.S. For those of you who don't know what a jeepney is the best explanation I can give is the Filipino equivalent to the bus system but much more chaotic! There are literally hundreds of these aggressive drivers with no designated stops so it congests traffic with a whip lash feel. I have to admit the kids just love riding in the jeepneys!!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole! I don't think I saw her... or maybe I did? I'm so happy you're getting more of these! That makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete