Sunday, August 30, 2009

Waterton National Park

Brayden in WatertonWe thought that we would celebrate our first weekend back in Canada by driving 1 1/2 hours south to Waterton National Park. It was a perfect day, hot and no wind (which is very rare for Waterton!). We stopped of at the Prince of Whales hotel to take a look at the amazing view of Waterton Lake and the town site letting the kids run off a bit of energy the collected during the drive! One thing we did notice was a huge group of Filipino's in some sort of tour up there snapping pictures like there was no tomorrow! Filipino's and they're pictures (shaking my head side to side with a little bit of an eye roll). I feel like I can say that because I consider myself part Filipino and have been going a little camera crazy myself ;)


Waterton Lake Daddy and his Baby Girl

More great Dad shots

After our brief stop off we made our way into the tiny town of Waterton and took a look at the 'show and shine' they had going on and even the kids had a good time checking out all the "hot wheels."
Brayden's hot ride Sydney cruisin' in style!

We then had a great lunch with a stop over at the lake to through the token rocks into the water and dip our toes in to see exactly how cold the water was.... oh SOOOO cold!!! I nearly pee'ed myself and went into shock when I felt how cold the lake was!
We also took the rollar coaster road to Red Rock Canyon where we played a bit in the water and on the rocks before heading back into the car and driving home for dinner. And although we didn't get a look at any bears we did get to watch this beauty licking all the salt off the cars in the parking lot at Red Rock!
Red Rock Crazy Eye's

It was such a great day and I got my first sunburn of the summer season... including out months in the Philippines!

2 comments:

  1. What a Beautiful pictures in a Lovely Spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what you missed Cornfest for? Actually, it's a good trade. I love Waterton.

    ReplyDelete