Monday, May 5, 2008

The New House

The last week in April we moved into a new house, new subdivision and new ward. Thankfully when we moved my sister was still here and so had an extra set of hands to help us out. We also had the young men from church load and unload the truck and the young women cleaned the house so all I had to worry about was filling boxes and then finding homes for all the junk we've collected over the last 1 1/2 years. Wow, I can't believe we've been over here for 1 1/2 years already!We were able to get everything loaded and moved with only 2 trips before treating the youth to some pizza and taking them home.
Moving TruckOur New Home

With every new house we've moved to here comes fumigation! For the first couple of weeks before I would go to bed I would spray the kitchen, bathrooms and other sneaky places with death spray and wake up to find cockroaches on their backs. I was able to catch a mouse in a sticky pad while it looked up squeeking at my sister and I and fumigated dead it's babies out of the kitchen. I found a couple of ant houses and since getting rid of those have gotten rid of our ant problem. I can now happily say that our house is pest free... except for the lizards of course.
I was going to make a cake and started dumping the cake mix into a bowl to mix up. While I was pouring moving things jumped out! I freaked, screamed and dropped the bowl not knowing what to expect. There were 3 lizards in my cake mix! We assume the mice ate a hole in the box before we killed them and the lizards were using it to their advantage. Too freaky.

OrchidWe now have everything unpacked, with a home and are all feeling very happy and comfortable in our new place. The house is in a very private subdivision (no one but home owners can get in) and since it's new their are a ton of empty lots with nice mowed grass. Our house is in the back corner of the subdivision with only one other house close by so we get no cars and have a lot of grass to play soccer and play frisbee in. We can let Kula out of the yard and play with us while he runs around after the ball. Brayden loves to ride his bike up and down the street trying to go faster each time. The pool is only a couple lots away although we have to pay each time we swim which really sucks!


I have some really beautiful orchids in the garden and some pineapple bushes just on the other side of the fence with banana trees. I think our only disappointment is that the subdivision is so new their aren't big lush trees like our last place. Also no coconut trees for Ryan to climb up for our Sunday evening snack.
OrchidPineapple

We start attending our new ward at the end of May which we really are hesitant about. We love our ward now and we love being the youth leaders so we'll really be sad to go although our new ward is very excited to have us. We do have friends already in the ward and quite a few people from Focus also attend their so that's a bonus.
The house is also a lot closer to the kids school which will mean a lot less time in the car for me especially with them both starting up in regular class again in June!!

No comments:

Post a Comment